Skip to main content
Composite image of modern high rise building, a wind farm, and ore resources

Make a complaint

Report a potential issue or breach.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click on links or open any attachment unless you recognize the source of this email, trust the sender and know the content is safe.

We work closely with the community, local councils and other state and federal government agencies to investigate compliance complaints relating to state significant development (SSD) and state significant infrastructure (SSI) project approvals.

Complete the form below to make a compliance complaint about a project.

Once we receive your complaint, we will commence an investigation. We will contact you within 14 days to seek further information or provide you with a progress update.

The length of time we need to investigate a complaint varies, depending on the nature and complexity of the complaint. Some complaints can be investigated quickly, others require more detailed investigation, which can take up to 12 months.

Your privacy is important to us and we will not release any of your details without your consent. For more information, refer to the Department's privacy statement.

Allegations of non-compliance with conditions of consent relating to the following approval types will be investigated by the department:

State Significant Infrastructure (SSI)

State Significant Development (SSD))

Critical State Significant Infrastructure (CSSI)

Examples of matters that will not be investigated by the department:

Allegations of non-compliance with development consents issued by local councils (please contact your local council)

Complaints, or allegations of non-compliance, relating to Complying Development Certificates (CDC’s) issued by private certifiers (please contact your local council)X Results of investigations carried out by local councils (please contact your local council)

Approval process for developments approved by councils (please contact your local council)

Neighbour disputes

Issues that are the responsibility of other government regulators, including:

Complaints relating to allegations of misconduct by local councils or IPAC in the development assessment process. These complaints should be referred to ICAC or the NSW Ombudsman