New South Wales
I am a resident living within 1 km of the John Hunter Hospital (JHH).
I am objecting to further expansion of the JHH for the following reasons:
1. It appears to be empire building.
2. There is inadequate parking for hospital staff even now, which forces parking to spill over to into our suburbs. Or, maybe staff have to pay to park. So, what will this expansion bring if the JHH maintains inadequate and/or paid staff parking.
3. Traffic is already at a standstill going to and from the JHH at certain hours, including on a busy main road. There appears to be little consideration given to the traffic impact of this expansion, and such as it may be, whether there are sufficient access points into and out of the JHH precinct.
4. I am aware that some ambos will not take patients to the JHH at times of high traffic non-flow.
5. The JHH is the only hospital serving the inner suburbs of Newcastle. A wonderful situation if more and more development in the precinct creates internal and external traffic gridlocks preventing people getting to the place.
6. Suburbs which could be impacted are New Lambton, New Lambton Heights, Lambton, Jesmond, Elermore Vale, and possibly Kotara and Wallsend.
7. However, if the development concept includes fixing things to prevent our suburbs remaining a free parking station for the JHH and alleviating or addressing as needed, the traffic gridlocks, whether or not the development takes place, I will be in favour of it.