Skip to main content
Construction workers building


Review the necessary requirements to apply for a Post-Consent Certificate, such as a Construction Certificate or an Occupation Certificate, as well as a BASIX Certificate.

Councils Using the Online Post-Consent Certificate Service

View the list of Councils using the Post Consent service on the NSW Planning Portal.

read more

Building Certificate (BC)

A Building Certificate is a document issued by Council relating to existing works to a building.

read more

Subdivision Certificate (SC)

Most subdivision requires development consent under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (the EP&A Act).

read more

Occupation Certificate (OC)

The OC authorises the occupation and use of a new building or building section. For staged works, an Interim OC may be issued which allows you to occupy the completed part of the building.

read more

Construction Certificate (CC)

The CC must be obtained from your council or an accredited certifier and includes your detailed building plans/engineering details and specifications.

read more

BASIX Certificate

If you're building a new home, undertaking renovations of $50,000 or more, or installing a pool or spa of more than 40,000 litres, you will need a BASIX certificate.

read more

TAFE NSW Training Module

People in the construction and building industry looking to learn more about the NSW Planning Portal and ePlanning Digital Services can enrol in the relevant TAFE NSW training course.

read more